The Manhattan Senior Center can help senior citizens with many home and lawn maintenance problems.
The Center received a grant from the City of Manhattan to fund the project.
The Services are:
• Seasonal cleaning of roof gutters and minor repairs to insure flow of water away from foundation of home and protect roof structure.
• Check of heating and cooling systems (cleaning filter, lighting of pilot light).
• Seasonal installation and removal of storm windows and screens and provide routine weatherization of home in fall.
• Trimming of small bushes and trees.
• Year-round maintenance of lawn (i.e., mowing, raking, shoveling).
• Changing of electrical bulbs.
• Schedule annual testing of replacement of batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
Fees are according to monthly income starting at $10.
Contact Susan Peterson at the Senior Center 537-4040.